Nesting doll dress progress

| On
Monday, March 07, 2016
Progress on Simplicity 1419. There are still a handful of issues that need to be tackled on this dress, but for now I'm calling the bodice good enough. Sleeves (in doll fabric) or sleeveless?

The armhole and sleeves are a bit tight--I can't lift my arm easily, so that needs to be fixed and I want to change the sleeve so it's a bit longer and straight across the arm instead of diagonal.





There is a bit of wrinkling still at the shoulders, but I think I'll live with it on this one. I also hand-sewed down an extra dart (almost a princess seam) that goes from the waist up through the bust dart, but I don't think it's too noticeable unless you're looking at it closely in person.

I should probably should take it up at least two rows of dolls, maybe even three. It lands about 2-3" below my knee which isn't a good length for me. And looking at these photos I'll probably take out the zipper so I can re-cut the skirt so the first row of dolls don't have their heads cut off. After 10 different muslins for the bodice I just got a little impatient and wanted to get this thing done.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9