Home again

| On
Tuesday, July 05, 2016

I’m not good at pauses. I’ve always had the hardest time coming back after little breaks. If I put down a book for more than a day, I’m unlikely to pick it back up. I have to be really invested in a show in order to wait and watch the new season as it airs instead of waiting until multiple season are on netflix (hint: there’s only been two of those, ever). When it comes to writing, this is even more true.

I have excuses. Many of them are certainly valid. How do I write about lighthearted matter when there have been two deaths in the family, several serious health issues, job insecurity, financial struggles, and more. More and more and more and just when I think it’s finally done, even more. How can I write something without sounding as wound up and brittle as I feel? And what do I write about?


The last few months have been very hard, but not without their fair share of beauty, either. We’ve got a busy summer planned, and it feels like it's nearly over already. But, we've been to the fair and the bay. We've borrowed stacks and stacks of books from the library--I'll have a book post up soon, I think. We're hoping to take the kids to Comic Con (fingers crossed), and we have swim lessons and out of town guests planned. We're trying to do this summer thing as best as we can.

As I type this, my two boys are building forts in their room, my husband is tearing out our kitchen floor, and I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to manage all our meals for the next few weeks with only access to a microwave. Summer!









Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9