Camping

| On
Thursday, November 19, 2015


Saturday we met up with some friends and their 2- and 4-year-old boys and hiked Stonewall Peak. The hike could not have gone any better. The weather was clear and crisp but not cold, and the kids were fantastic. This was the first real hike for my boys, and I'm so glad to say that they did really well. Not a complaint from either of them, and they walked (ran!) the entire way without any fuss.

After the hike we headed to our campsite at Green Valley Falls, set up camp and had lunch. The way we worked it out, our family brought most of the camping gear, and theirs brought the food. It worked out really well, and I would definitely do it that way again.

Everything was pretty fantastic right up until around midnight, really up to that point it went as well as camping can go. But around midnight is when I realized that the down sleeping bags we borrowed and all they layers I was wearing just wasn't going to cut it. I couldn't get warm. I tossed and turned and froze all night, and as the night progressed I realized I was getting sick. At 3am, it was clear: I was definitely sick with a cold, and of course, that's when it started raining.

So, when the kids woke up at 6-ish, we made short work of tearing down and packing up the campsite and drove our soggy selves home.

All in all, it was a good time, and I would absolutely camp there again...in the summertime. I have always maintained that I am not a cold-weather person, and this just stood to reinforce my belief. I'm not made for chilly weather at all.







Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9